Studio City is an integrated entertainment resort opened on October 27, 2015 in Macau, China. Situated in the heart of Cotai, adjacent to the Lotus Bridge Immigration Point and directly connected to the future light rail system, Studio City combines electrifying entertainment with an exciting array of accommodation, regional and international dining and designer brand shopping, as well as a spacious and contemporary casino.
Studio City is the most diversified entertainment offering yet experienced in Macau. The Hollywood-inspired, cinematically-themed resort takes thrilling entertainment to a completely new level in Asia and is now ready to redefine Cotai and Macau with what is a ‘next-generation’ of ‘must see – must experience’ leisure and entertainment destination experiences in the region.
Studio City has been developed by Melco Crown Entertainment Limited, a developer, owner and operator of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Asia listed on NASDAQ Global Select Market (NASDAQ: MPEL). As Macau’s premier leisure destination resort, Studio City brings together an incredibly diverse and cosmopolitan collection of contemporary leisure and lifestyle experiences including:
Entertainment: Studio City is a new cinematically-inspired integrated resort in Cotai featuring world-class, innovative entertainment venues including:
• Golden Reel – This world’s first and Asia’s highest figure-8 Ferris wheel, the iconic landmark not only of Asia’s Entertainment Capital but also of Macau itself, the Golden Reel raises some 130 meters high, between Studio City’s stunning, Art Deco-inspired twin hotel towers.
• Batman Dark Flight – In collaboration with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, ‘Batman Dark Flight’ is the world’s first flight simulation ride based on the ‘Batman’ intellectual property franchise. This immersive ‘flying theater’ 4D motion ride provides thrill-seekers with a dynamic flying experience based on an action-packed, digitally animated Batman storyline. Fly through Gotham City, following Batman around the city as he brings some of the most notable Super-Villains from his Rogue’s Gallery to justice.
• Warner Bros. Fun Zone – The 4,000-square-meters fun-filled indoor play center is packed with rides and interactive fun zones themed around your favorite characters from Warner Bros.’ DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera Productions and Looney Tunes entertainment franchises in a secure child concierge environment. Kids can enjoy an unforgettable, immersive play experience with characters including Bugs Bunny, Tweety Pie, Sylvester, Taz and Daffy Duck.
• The House of Magic – A one-of-a-kind multi-theater attraction housing magic acts performed by leading magicians from around the world. Designed, curated and hosted by acclaimed illusionist, Franz Harary, The House of Magic is the premier performance venue for magicians globally. Featuring 4 live magicians in a three-theater magic complex, it amazes visitors with an array of mind-bending shows including Harary's spectacular resident show, Mega Magic, offering guests an incredible live magical experience showcasing the world's greatest magicians.
• Studio City Event Center – A 5,000-seat multi-purpose entertainment center, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, designed to host exciting live concerts, theatrical productions, top sporting events, award shows and other special showcase events. The center is managed by Spectra by Comcast-Spectacor one of the world’s largest sports and entertainment companies.
• Studio 8 – The only TV Studio facility in Macau to provide open access ‘plug in and play’ facilities to create a fully operational television recording and broadcast studio. Studio 8 is a state-of-the-art studio facility with the necessary infrastructure to support portable specialist equipment required for world-class TV production. It is a broadcast entertainment-hub used for filming, recording and watching Asia’s top television shows.
• Pacha Macau – One of the world’s biggest names in nightclubs with venues in numerous major cities, including Ibiza, New York, Buenos Aires and Sydney, Pacha Macau brings Ibiza-style nightlife to Greater China for the very first time and electrifies Macau’s burgeoning club scene.
Accommodation: The 1,600-room Studio City Hotel features two distinct towers, enabling us to provide an array of product offerings to Macau visitors. The premium all-suite Star Tower delivers the ultimate in lavish facilities and service to more discerning guests, while our Celebrity Tower provides a deluxe hotel experience for group travellers, including access to all of the entertainment that Studio City has to offer.
The art-deco inspired Studio City Hotel is the epitome of red carpet hotel service, offering a range of luxury accommodation to suit everyone's needs.
Dining: Studio City offers a diverse range of world-class restaurants, cafes and a number of relaxed bars and lounges. Over 30 food and beverage outlets are located throughout the property, including authentic traditional Cantonese, Shanghainese, northern Chinese, South East Asian, Japanese, Italian, western, international and Macau local delicacies.
Gourmet dining – unrivalled in Macau – is also on the menu at Studio City with a stellar range of signature restaurants including two Michelin-starred chef Tam Kwok Fung’s ‘Pearl Dragon’; ‘Shanghai Magic’ inspired by the in-house magical extravaganza ‘The House of Magic’ by Franz Harary; Italian ‘Trattoria Il Mulino’ from New York; Japanese ‘Hide Yamamoto.’ Multiple Michelin-starred chef Alain Ducasse and Hawaiian celebrity chef Alan Wong will both open restaurants at Studio City later.
Retail: Merchandised, marketed and managed by Taubman Asia, The Boulevard at Studio City brings the world’s best retail experiences to life in Macau. Unlike any retail offering to be found in Asia, the unique 35,000-square-meter ‘immersive’ retail entertainment environment brings shopping to life by ‘transporting’ visitors to high-energy street-scapes and entertaining them at every turn with featured streets and squares inspired by iconic shopping and entertainment locations, including New York’s Times Square and Hollywood’s Beverly Hills.
The star-studded mix of fashion-forward labels and internationally-renowned luxury brands include Macau’s first Balmain, Macau’s first Belstaff, and Tom Ford’s largest store in Asia Pacific, amongst many others. Bespoke and personal services are offered to ensure our shoppers take center stage.
At the connection between the two theme retail streets lies Times Square Macau, designed to remind visitors of the world famous Times Square in New York. The attraction features an amazing array of futuristic technologies that unify periodically throughout the day to showcase a variety of entertainment content from both real and imaginary musicians and entertainers unlike any others in Macau. Holographic projections also add an “other worldly” attraction to Times Square Macau.
MICE: Studio City offers over 4,000 square meters of indoor event space with flexible configurations, allowing meeting and event planners to host anything from an exclusive banquet to an international conference, with everything customizable to the theme of their choice. The Grand Ballroom space at 1,820 square meters can be configured into three separate ballrooms with a banquet capacity of 1,600 people or a cocktail reception for over 1,900 people. Eight individual salons provide meeting and break-out spaces with extensive pre-function areas. Make your special event an opulent affair, fit for the most famous stars!
For further information on Studio City, please visit www.studiocity-macau.com, follow us on Sina Weibo at www.weibo.com/studiocity and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/studiocitymacau.
For our latest press releases, visuals and multimedia, please visit www.studiocitymacaumedia.com.
Studio City – This is Entertainment
# # #
Copyright ©2017 Melco Crown Entertainment Limited. All rights reserved.
All information is for reference only and subject to change without notice.
© Copyright Studio City